Sept 1, 2007
- The first thing I notice is that the UI has changed radically, which may or may not be a bad thing.
- The first time I tried to save something, I get an “It’s not possible to save your changes…” error message. Now, I know this one from TiddlyWiki. This has something to do with how Windows XP SP2 treats HTML files downloaded from the web. It’s quite simple to fix, but I do not recollect having seen this issue with my previous version on MGTD.
- I now needed to import data (tiddlers) from my previous mGTD file. After having fiddled around with some of the links, I figured that you could either do it via the “update” link on the the top toolbar or via “config”. Rather unintuitive.
- What is more serious is that the import function does not seem to work.
Some of the cool features I noticed though were
- the introduction of Realms such as “Work”, “Personal”,
- a seemingly spiffier UI,
- And two new features I am waiting to get my hands on :
“Process Inbox” and “Review”
Now I understand that this is a alpha, and still work-in-progress, so I guess I will wait a while to have my mGTD stable. Till then, its going to be 1.0.10.